hocolate Peach Cake – An extremely moist, rich cake that’s so easy to make. The result is a supremely moist cake which is loaded with peach chunks. The sweet and juicy peaches amplify the chocolate in an intense and delicious way. A dense and decadent but simple chocolate Peach Cake.
Chocolate Peach Cake
Chocolate Peach Cake - An extremely moist, rich cake that's so easy to make. The result is a supremely moist cake which is loaded with peach chunks. The sweet and juicy peaches amplify the chocolate in an intense and delicious way. A dense and decadent but simple chocolate Peach Cake.
Servings: 12 pieces or one cake with 23 cm Ø
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar granulated
- 100 g vegetable oil flavorless
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g chocolate
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbs vanilla sugar
- 250 g peaches cubed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees °C (350 degrees °F) and place oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, one 23 cm (9 inch) cake pan. Then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisking occasionally, until smooth and melted. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and the baking soda through a fine mesh sieve.
- Put granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla sugar and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat on medium speed until pale in colour and doubled in volume, about 8 minutes. Slowly add vegetable oil and beat carefully for about 30 seconds until combined. Next add ricotta cheese, and beat carefully until smooth and well combined. Add melted chocolate; beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, toss the cubed peaches with about 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside.
- Gently mix in the dry ingredients - flour and baking powder/soda - until there are no longer any lumps. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix the batter at this point or you will end up with a tough and hard cake. Carefully fold in peaches. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes at 180° C (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The cake is done when a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the middle. With oven mitts, put the pan onto a cooling rack, let cool for 10 minutes, then unmold. Carefully transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool completely.