ike homemade granola – in cookie form. A satisfying grab ‘n run breakfast that tastes like your favourite Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. Chewy and moist inside and thanks to the mashed dates – these happen to be healthy.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Like homemade granola - in cookie form. A satisfying grab 'n run breakfast that tastes like your favourite Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. Chewy and moist inside and thanks to the mashed dates - these happen to be healthy
Servings: 12 Cookies
- 400 g dates pitted
- 85 ml water boiling
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbs vegetable oil neutral
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 480 g oats old fashioned
- 160 g almonds flaked
- 80 g coconut shredded
- 280 g raisins
- 360 g almonds ground
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees °C (350 degrees °F) and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop dates, place in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Cover the bowl with a plate and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Mash the soaked dates with a potato masher or a fork until it becomes a paste. Add egg, maple syrup, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix well with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, or using an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and flatten slightly.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet, and bake until cookies are just set, about 20 minutes. Let cookies cool on pan 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before serving at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.